A Richmond Hill resident for more than 20 years, David was appointed to Council on December 4, 2013 to fill the vacancy created when Councillor Foster stepped down. David is honoured to be able to serve the residents of Ward 4 and the community as a local Councillor. He looks forward to nurturing the many, many great things about Richmond Hill and also helping to bring about change where it is needed.
David has served the residents of Richmond Hill for years as a local business owner. He has demonstrated leadership through positions with the Professional Photograpers of Ontario, as well as through various positions with the Richmond Hill Chamber of Commerce. He has been Chair of the Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee, a member of the Board of Directors and also served as Chair of the Chamber.
A committed contributor to his community, David has volunteered with Yellow Brick House, Mackenzie Health and the Toronto Waldorf School.
Before becoming a Councillor, David served on numerous Richmond Hill committees and task forces, including:
David was also an active participant in the public consultations held during the development of Richmond Hill’s Official Plan and Strategic Plan 2010-2014.
- Yonge Street Subway Task Force
- Cultural Leadership Council
- Committee of Adjustment
- RHCPA Marketing Committee
- Community Hub Liaison Committee
- Richmond Hill Council Compensation Committee
- Richmond Hill Winter Carnival Committee
- The Mayor’s Arts Endowment Fund Gala Committee
- Richmond Hill Small Business Enterprise Centre Advisory Committee
David currently sits on the following Town of Richmond Hill Committees:
A husband and father, David calls Ward 4 home and looks forward to serving his fellow residents as their local Councillor.
- Heritage Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill Heritage Centre Advisory Committee
- Downtown BIA
- Youth Action Committee
- Civic Precinct Task Force
- People Plan Task Force