Building Inspectors perform various other inspections including but not limited to:
- Inspections of septic system installations and repairs.
- Investigations relating to complaints.
- Site inspections of demolitions.
No person shall occupy or use any building unless notice of the completion date has been given to the Chief Building Official and a final inspection has been made.
Partial Occupancy of an Unfinished Building
A partial occupancy permit can be requested for Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Assembly and Large Residential Projects. Please review the requirements for a partial occupancy with your applicable Building Inspector.
Requesting an Inspection
Phone Inspection Requests
Builders and homeowners can book an inspection or obtain general inspection information by accessing the Town’s interactive Inspection Telephone Line 24 hours a day 7 days a week at (905) 771-5465.
Before you call, be sure to have the following information available:
- the builder's and site superintendent's names and telephone numbers;
- the lot number;
- street name;
- type of inspection;
- the date you would like the inspection to occur; and
- morning or afternoon time preference.
Faxed Inspection Requests
If you are requesting several inspections we encourage you to fax your requests to our fax line at (905) 771-5445. Please include the same information as above.
The Town requires a minimum notice of two (2) business days to schedule inspections. Any request received after 3 p.m. will be considered as being received on the next business day. You may call the Inspection Section between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. to confirm your inspection.
If you have questions regarding any of these inspection stages, please contact our Inspection Section at (905) 771-8810
- Re-Inspection Fee - A $100 fee is charged where an inspection is requested and an infraction, indicated from a previous inspection, still remains. The inspector will issue a Re-Inspection Fee Notice and no further inspections will commence until the re-inspection fee has been received by the Town.
- Compliance Fee - When a Stop Work Order is issued, a Compliance fee, equal to 25% of the permit fee and not less than $100, will be charged. No further inspections will commence or a Building Permit will not be issued until this fee has been received by the Town.
- Revision Fee - A $100 fee is charged for minor revisions that require revised drawings. Major revisions are subject to a 'rate per area' fee. Your Building Inspector or Plans Examiner will determine this upon receipt of the revised drawings.
Lot Grading Certificate
A certification letter from your grading consultant (i.e. P. Eng. or Surveyor) is required for the release of grading securities.
Construction noise is not permitted between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. and on Sundays and statutory holidays (Noise By-law)
. Roads must be kept clear and clean. Open air burning
is not permitted.
For more information, please call (905) 771-8810 or e-mail email@example.com